CGC Test Items
The Canine Good Citizen Program teaches good manners to dogs and responsible dog ownership to their owners. The 10-step CGC test is a non-competitive test for all dogs, including purebreds and mixed breeds. It is a prerequisite for many therapy dog groups and some homeowner’s insurance companies encourage CGC testing. There are also an increasing number of apartments and condos that require resident dogs to pass the CGC test.
Before taking the Canine Good Citizen test, owners will sign the Responsible Dog Owners Pledge. We believe that responsible dog ownership is a key part of the CGC concept and by signing the pledge, owners agree to take care of their dog’s health needs, safety, exercise, training and quality of life. Owners also agree to show responsibility by doing things such as cleaning up after their dogs in public places and never letting dogs infringe on the rights of others.
After signing the Responsible Dog Owners Pledge, owners and their dogs are ready to take the CGC Test. Items on the Canine Good Citizen Test include:
1. Accepting a friendly stranger
2. Sitting politely for petting
3. Appearance and grooming
4. Out for a walk (walking on a loose lead)
5. Walking through a crowd
6. Sit and down on command and Staying in place
7. Coming when called
8. Reaction to another dog
9. Reaction to distraction
10. Supervised separation
- This Class will run from 6:30-7:20 pm start date Sept 17th.Test day is Oct 22nd.
- FEE is $145 per dog. (Bring check to Ruff Day Resort by 9/05
- Handlers must be 18 years of age.
- All dogs must have completed basic obedience and be calm in a group situation.
- Any questions? Call instructor Amy Holtz at 585-261-1088
SIGN UP FOR CGC
Monday – Friday 7am to 6:00pm
Drop off 7 am -10 am
Pick up 3 pm – 6 pm
Our doors are locked at other times. Please call: (585) 347-4033
Closed Major Holidays
Once enrolled in Ruff Day, your dog becomes part of our family, we promise to treat them as our own. We will provide education, structure, scheduled naptime, and mental stimulation to each dog everyday.